When you lose a tooth, the impact is not just cosmetic. Such gaps can make it difficult to talk to chew, enable gum disease to set in, and even lead to temporomandibular joint (TMJ) problems. Neighbouring teeth can also shift, causing pain and affecting your bite.
Quality Dental Practice can fit you with a dental bridge that will eliminate these gaps and their related complications. The surrounding teeth are capped with crowns, which are then used to support a replacement tooth. This is what is referred to as a ‘bridge’.
Your dentist will provide you with a fixed partial denture, also known as a permanent bridge, or a removable partial denture. Either solution will:
- Enable you to speak and eat properly once again
- Remove stress from your jaw by properly aligning your bite
- Preserve your facial structure by preventing bone deterioration
- Prevent adjacent teeth from shifting into the gap
We offer the following types of dental bridge:
- Adhesive: Attached to the inside of the nearby teeth
- Regular: Supported by adjacent teeth, which are shaped to support it before the bridge is cemented in place
- Resin-attached: Secured to a neighbouring tooth using a resin-coated ‘wing’
- Implant-retained: Restores missing teeth using dental implants
These bridges can be made of tooth-coloured materials for a completely natural effect.
For more information about dental bridges and what they can do for you, contact your nearest Quality Dental Care practice today.