Whilst fillings are highly effective at repairing cavities, it’s better if you can avoid needing them in the first place.
Here are some of the ways you can minimise your chance of needing a filling:
- Cut down or avoid sugary and acidic food and drink.
- Never miss a routine dentist or hygienist appointment.
- Clean between your teeth with dental floss to remove food particles before brushing.
- Change your tooth brush or electric toothbrush head a minimum of once every 3 months.
- Brush twice a day for at least 2 minutes each time, using an electric toothbrush. You should also floss at least once a day to reach all tooth surfaces and to remove any lingering food particles that cannot be dislodged through brushing.
During your routine appointments with us, your dentist and hygienist will offer you tailored advice on the types of brushing aids to use and how often to visit the practice. This will depend on the health of your mouth, teeth and gums.